Social Listening: Maybelline

 

The brand I chose to write about is Maybelline. I made my decision based on my love for their products. I use Maybelline products, and am even wearing one of their newest mascaras as I am writing this. I am obsessed with their products and so are many others. When I looked into Maybelline’s social media platforms for my research, they had a lot of mixed feedback and thoughts that I found while reading through their comments section. Many comments were very positive where people shared their love for the products under each post. For example, @calleighcharmed shared how she uses Maybelline’s new foundation every day and how she loves the product. I, too, really love their foundations and have had great success using them in the past.  















 

 

There was also lots of other positive feedback given such as by @vonstypcosmetics, @missheatherariana, and @priyajha887. These comments in addition to many others show people's enthusiasm for the products.

 

 

Of course, there can not only be positive comments on products as everyone has their own viewpoint. @SondraBouchard commented about how she was disappointed with one of Maybelline’s mascaras. Maybelline had a great response and was able to lead her to what to do next if she has that issue again. 

I love that Maybelline has become more inclusive as their value proposition is that they believe in makeup for every look, style, and skin tone. On Maybelline’s social media platforms they have a lot of different people who try out their products and who are featured on Maybelline’s social media. Maybelline is continually adding new makeup posts to their social media, whether being eye shadow, mascara, foundation, powders, etc.. Maybelline currently does not have any services, however, they do respond quickly with helpful information for their customers through their positive comments. Maybelline is really good about getting back to their customers. They respond in real time and are really helpful in giving pointers to their website about additional information. I think it is a good idea to respond to people’s comments because it keeps them invested in the company. It is a good idea to respond to any comments left on social media posts because it shows that they are involved in their business and their customers will be able to see that. If it was up to me to market my company to a customer using social media, I would give more demonstrations of how to apply the various products and the different ways to do makeup with our products. I would also add more information about what our business is about on our social media platforms as I did not see a lot of that information about them on their website and social media. I would respond to customers who both dislike and love our products. I wouldn’t delete harmful or hurtful comments about our products, but I would instead encourage feedback whether good or bad so I can show involvement with the customers and improve quality  towards our customer service skills. 


Maybelline has consistently tried new innovative ways to get their customers interested in their products. One way that they have gotten more people involved with their products and to help expand their global sales is by a virtual try on. It allows customers to try on virtual makeup, which allows them to pick out a specific  foundation shade, eye shadow color, etc.. It is a helpful tool for many customers as it takes away having to buy the products first and finding out that it is not a good match. Many people are engaging with this new virtual makeup and it is beginning to take off. Maybelline is really professional when it comes to the way they  handle their social media as well. They handle negativity with poise and give their customers the information they need to help fix the problem to the best of their abilities. They are positive with the way they respond to their customers by saying things like, “We are so happy you are loving our products!” This shows that the company really cares about their customers. 

I learned from this research assignment that comments from the company themselves make a huge impact on whether customers will come back for more of their products/services. I also learned that responding even to negative comments in a positive manner can lead to better relationships between the company and its customers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog Post - A Bit About Me

Marketing in the News - Week 2 Topic